Section Breaks Disappear When Reopening A Document

BlazingFirebug

Section Breaks Disappear When Reopening A Document

Post by BlazingFirebug »

I just purchased SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows a few days ago. It has so far worked great.

However, in TextMaker, I'm writing a story that uses chapter breaks, section breaks, and page breaks. I finished working on it for the night last night. The section breaks worked perfectly, I thought.

When adding a section break, it creates a new page, just like the chapter break. However, after saving, closing, and re-opening the file, all or most of my section breaks are gone and the header is moved back onto the previous page.

Even the section count in the status bar decreases again.

I've also noticed that creating section breaks doesn't seem to be recognized as an unsaved change by TextMaker, as the asterisk that usually displays on the document tab for unsaved changes isn't there.

The process I'm follow is this:
1) Create the chapter break and add the title. I use the headings to adjust the text style.
2) Place my cursor at the end of the title and add a page break.
3) I type the story ideas I have (I'm writing on the fly.)
4) I place my cursor at the beginning of the text. I add the section title and format it, making sure it is on it's own line.
5) I place the cursor at the front of the section title and create a section break. Everything seems to function as it should.
6) I move on with the story, adding chapter breaks, page breaks, and section breaks as I need them.
7) I save and close the document. After re-opening it, most of the section breaks are gone. I think I've seen one actually stay.

I am using Windows 10 professional edition, fully updated. I have SoftMaker Office 2021, also fully updated.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this some sort of bug?

If my file is needed to sort out the problem, I would prefer to share it privately.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Section Breaks Disappear When Reopening A Document

Post by Jossi »

Just one additional question: Do you save your documents in Word format (*.docx)?
BlazingFirebug

Post by BlazingFirebug »

Jossi wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:27 am Just one additional question: Do you save your documents in Word format (*.docx)?
No, I do not save them in *.docx. I save my documents in TextMaker's native file format, *.tmdx.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I am able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team have fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack.
BlazingFirebug

Post by BlazingFirebug »

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”