TextMaker not Printing

Dewdrop

Re: TextMaker not Printing

Post by Dewdrop »

SuperTech wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:37 pm
Dewdrop wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:19 pm I'm confused on the renaming the folder refreshing the settings.
Did you rename the Documents/SoftMaker folder before trying?
No I did not rename the folder. The service pack update automatically prompted me to download it. Why would I need to rename the folder? If that is something that needs to occur before things will work, the renaming should be part of the service pack process. Like I said I am very confused why the renaming needs to occur.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

So I changed the name of the Softmaker folder. Then opened a document and it printed. I assume this is because changing the name of the folder forces the program to go through the configuration setup again and corrects whatever the glitch was? Can I now delete my renamed folder so I don't have that folder AND the new Softmaker folder?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for the confirmation that your problem is resolved. Yes, as I mentioned it refreshes all the settings.

This folder contains all your previous settings and customization you did with customized templates etc. If you don't have any such customization you can delete it without any problem.

Please zip the old Documents/SoftMaker/Settings folder and upload it here so that we can check why the printing was not working before.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

Old settings folder attached
Attachments
SoftMaker Settings Zip.zip
(14.33 KiB) Downloaded 1663 times
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

Well the ability to print directly from TextMaker was short lived. So I tried renaming the folder again which prompted the reset. However, it did not restore the ability to print directly from Textmaker. Am attaching the settings folder before I renamed it and and the renamed settings folder.
Attachments
Settings 2022.11.20 after renaming.zip
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 1718 times
Settings 2022.11.20.zip
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 1662 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing settings. I have forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation of this problem.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please click on ribbon command File | Options | System tab | Please toggle the option "Avoid printer delays" | OK and then try to print. Please share the results.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

SuperTech wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 am Please click on ribbon command File | Options | System tab | Please toggle the option "Avoid printer delays" | OK and then try to print. Please share the results.
Unfortunately that did not help. I even closed out of TextMaker and opened it again and tried to print.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for trying that step. Please check these steps and share this information:

1. Please click on ribbon command File | Print | Click on printer dropdown and share a screenshot of the printer list.
2. Please check and verify if you are selecting the correct printer.
3. After selecting the correct printer, please click on Setup button which is next to printer list and check if that setup dialog box open for the selected printer correctly.
4. In the print dialog options, please enable second option "Print to file" and check if it prints correctly to file.
5. As you mentioned that you are printing to PDF, please let us know which option you are using for this.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

SuperTech wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:33 pm Thanks for trying that step. Please check these steps and share this information:

1. Please click on ribbon command File | Print | Click on printer dropdown and share a screenshot of the printer list.
2. Please check and verify if you are selecting the correct printer.
3. After selecting the correct printer, please click on Setup button which is next to printer list and check if that setup dialog box open for the selected printer correctly.
4. In the print dialog options, please enable second option "Print to file" and check if it prints correctly to file.
5. As you mentioned that you are printing to PDF, please let us know which option you are using for this.
For PDFs I am using the Export to PDF feature. But it also works if I use the Microsoft Print to PDF option on the Printer Menu.

The not printing was also occuring before I started to use HP Smart Printing option.

Will attach the Printer Dropdown in a new message.

Printing to file created a file but the text did not show up in the document. But the Microsoft Print to PDF did work.
Attachments
TextMaker Test File Opened.png
TextMaker Test File Opened.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 1392881 times
TextMaker Test File in File Manager.png
TextMaker Test File in File Manager.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 1392881 times
TextMaker Test File using Print to PDF.png
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

Printer Dropdown
Attachments
TextMaker Printer Dropdown 2022.11.30.png
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

So I discovered tonight that at some point before my testing this morning my printer ran out of paper and thus I thought TextMaker didn't print. However, when I added paper, out came my test page! I tried it again and it is printing directly from TextMaker. I went back in an check marked the "Avoid Printer Delays" and it still prints. So hopefully it will stay fixed this time.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing this additional information. I have forwarded it to our developer team.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

Did some more checking. TextMaker is still printing but PlanMaker and Presentations will not print straight from the progrom. I unselected Avoid Printer Delay in PlanMaker, exited, and came back in and still does not print. Neither of them will print to file either although a file is created.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please make sure your printer is ready and able to print with papers in the tray. Please check if other programs are able to print now.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”