TextMaker not Printing

Dewdrop

TextMaker not Printing

Post by Dewdrop »

Why won't TextMaker print to my printer when all other programs will?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: TextMaker not Printing

Post by Jossi »

Could you please give a more detailed description of what happens when you try to print? Which printer is it and how is it connected to your computer?
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

It's an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148dw. It is connected via our wi-fi.

It acts like it prints and there are no error message. But it never prints. I have to turn it into a PDF to be able to print documents.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please update your SoftMaker Office to the latest revision and then try to print. Please let us know the result.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

It says no updates are found. And I think I just had an update the other day. And, no, it still doesn't print.

My computer acts just like it does when a document actually prints. Except that it doesn't actually print.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

It does not even appear to be going to the print queue. Acrobat reader files print fine.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please share your sminfo.txt file which you can generate by clicking on '?' (right-top corner) > About > "Write system information".
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

SuperTech wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:23 pm Please share your sminfo.txt file which you can generate by clicking on '?' (right-top corner) > About > "Write system information".
**I have edited your post and converted sminfo to a text file.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(26.08 KiB) Downloaded 2271 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the sminfo.txt file. Please uninstall SoftMaker Office, download and install the latest software from our website and then check.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

SuperTech wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:09 pm Thanks for sharing the sminfo.txt file. Please uninstall SoftMaker Office, download and install the latest software from our website and then check.

I'm confused as I already had the latest update or at least it said i did and the file name is the same. Am reinstalling it now.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

Reinstalling did not help.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(27.3 KiB) Downloaded 2263 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing sminfo.txt but as I can see latest revision number 1058 is not installed. Please download the latest copy from our website and install it then check if this resolves your problem.

Additionally, you can rename the Documents/SoftMaker folder which will refresh all settings.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

SuperTech wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:35 pm Thanks for sharing sminfo.txt but as I can see latest revision number 1058 is not installed. Please download the latest copy from our website and install it then check if this resolves your problem.

Additionally, you can rename the Documents/SoftMaker folder which will refresh all settings.
I did download the most recent update from the link that was given. Why is it not reflecting as that it is the lastest?

I'm confused on the renaming the folder refreshing the settings.
Dewdrop

Post by Dewdrop »

SuperTech wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:35 pm Thanks for sharing sminfo.txt but as I can see latest revision number 1058 is not installed. Please download the latest copy from our website and install it then check if this resolves your problem.

1058 finally updated automatically. However, files still will not print directly from TextMaker.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(26.94 KiB) Downloaded 2338 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Dewdrop wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:19 pm I'm confused on the renaming the folder refreshing the settings.
Did you rename the Documents/SoftMaker folder before trying?

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”