Underlining spelling mistakes

Adeckwatt

Underlining spelling mistakes

Post by Adeckwatt »

Greetings to everyone!

Using TextMaker intensively on a daily basis for several months already I noticed that I started skipping mistakes which TextMaker shows underlined red quite often. There was no such problem before when I worked in other word processors, but with TextMaker this changed dramatically.

Firstly I tried to change the font; then I attempted to modify the brightness and other parameters of the color (and the color itself) in which mistakes are underlined, but to no avail. And then I decided to compare the way mistakes are underlined in TextMaker and in OpenOffice I used before. I made a screenshot for you to see the remarkable difference: the line which underlies a misspelled word is the root of all evil – in TextMaker it is too thin for me to notice a single underlined word in a big paragraph.

I don`t know really if this is a problem for many users, but I have to look through tons of text day by day, and I also search for mistakes in texts, especially those remarked by TextMaker itself, and I never leave mistakes underlined red without consideration, my eyes are very acute to find such things and alike. There should be a solution to this inconvenience. Can it be improved somehow just on my side, or should I wait for some general modification of the TextMaker with new versions? Again in case this is relevant to other users.

Thank you for your attention.
Attachments
TextMaker vs OpenOffice in Night mode.png
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Underlining spelling mistakes

Post by Jossi »

I agree that the underlining of mistakes is rather thin and an option to adjust it would be helpful.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing your problem and for suggestion. I have forwarded this improvement suggestion to our product management.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

The question was not about spellcheck in TextMaker not working properly. This is all fine. The issue is bad visibility, as the red underlining of mistakes is too thin.
Adeckwatt

Post by Adeckwatt »

It`s solved in Revision 1060! Underlining looks perfectly well now: no undue eye strain, no missed mistakes left! I can`t even express how thankful I am! God bless SoftMaker! =D>
Adeckwatt

Post by Adeckwatt »

Hi there.

Now I see the issue is not solved completely. I`ve noticed that the brightness of underlining changes, becomes vague again when the scale of the document is less than 100%. When the scale is more than 100%, it looks alright, the way it was fixed previously. I have the latest version of TextMaker. I can provide screenshots and more info if needed.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing feedback. I have forwarded the details...

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”