Inserted pictures not visible in docx files

gs235

Inserted pictures not visible in docx files

Post by gs235 »

Hi,
I teach a number of IT classes for beginners and as a free alternative to Microsoft Office, I recommend FreeOffice. I have used TextMaker in many courses with many students without issues, but am encountering a problem with a a current student. She has an older laptop (probably 32bit) and an older version of Windows (XP or Windows 7).

When she sends me a document with photos inserted into it, (jpg or png), the document arrives without the photos being visible. The frame is visible, with a message saying;
"The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted. Veryify that the link points to the correct file and location."

I've tried it myself on her laptop, inserting with and without a frame, then emailed myself the document and images are missing. Yet, I'm inserting images in the same way that I do myself and have observed many students doing, all without issues.

I've checked TextMaker file format options and it is set to Word 2007-2019 docx format.

Can you please tell me how to solve this issue. Many thanks.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Inserted pictures not visible in docx files

Post by Jossi »

When inserting a picture, there is a checkbox "Save within document" in the file dialogue. This must be checked, otherwise only a link to the picture will be saved, and this will not work when the document is opened on a different computer.
gs235

Re: Inserted pictures not visible in docx files

Post by gs235 »

Thanks Jossi, that's great. I couldn't see it for looking. Thank you.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”