EPUB Export

Woody44

EPUB Export

Post by Woody44 »

I made a test export from Textmaker into the EPUB file format, for use in evaluating how well the export handles conversion from TextMaker into the EPUB format. I filled out the metadata requested at the beginning of the export process, and I uploaded the JPG of the cover where it asks for the cover.

I then used Amazon's 'Mail to Kindle) utility to upload the EPUB file into Kindle so I could see how well the conversion was handled. To my surprise, what appears in the Kindle Library isn't my book cover. What appears is a generic cover with the title and author in text, and no cover art. I paid a graphic artist to create this cover. Why doesn't it come through the conversion process as the cover for the EPUB file?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: EPUB Export

Post by Jossi »

Did you try to open the EPUB with an EPUB reader app to see if the cover is shown there? If so, there is something wrong with Amazon's upload function. By the way, doesn't Amazon change EPUBs automatically into *.azw?
Woody44

Re: EPUB Export

Post by Woody44 »

You're right -- I opened the EPUB file in two different PC-based readers, and my cover is the cover.

And you are also correct that when Amazon uploads an EPUB to the Kindle, it converts the file to .AZM3.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”