Paragraph styles not updating

Woody44

Paragraph styles not updating

Post by Woody44 »

I have a book manuscript that I modified for conversion to the .EPUB file format (which TextMaker creates through an export function), for uploading as an e-book. Based on information that I had found on a couple of web sites about e-book formatting, I removed as much formatting as possible from the print version of the manuscript. In addition to eliminating headers and footer, I also changed the justification from "Justified" to "Left." When that manuscript was uploaded into an e-book reader, the reader did not automatically justify the text -- it left it "ragged right."

I want the text to be justified, so I went back into the Textmaker file and updated the 'Normal" paragraph style from "Left" to 'Justified" for paragraph justification. To my surprise, the paragraphs in the manuscript didn't automatically reflow to fully justified; I had to go through the entire manuscript and manually select all the "Normal" paragraphs, then re-select 'Normal" from the toolbar.

I don't think I should have to do that. Shouldn't all the paragraphs tagged with the "Normal" style automatically update when I edit the paragraph style?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Paragraph styles not updating

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but we are unable to reproduce this problem as changing alignment is updating in all the paragraphs on which that style is applied.

To demonstrate this, please refer to the below screen recording:
Paragraph styles updating.gif
If you are facing this problem with any specific document, please forward it to forum[at]softmaker.de so that we can analyze it.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”