Unable to print - textmaker keeps reverting to fax

LorenClayton

Unable to print - textmaker keeps reverting to fax

Post by LorenClayton »

Textmaker free no longer seems to recognise my HP printer. I've tested the printer on Notepad and Open Office and it works fine. I uninstalled and resinstalled Textmaker Free but when I go to print, even though the printer shows in the dialogue box, the only option is to print to fax.

This morning I accidently pulled out the power cord while the PC was on. Textmaker was open. I don't know if this is relevant as I've never had this issue before.

Anyway, when I go to File, Print, the printer continually defaults to FAX. I click on the down arrow and change the printer from FAX to my HP Printer, but when I click on OK, it just reverts to FAX.

I had uninstalled & reinstalled the printer as well. It is set as default printer.

Can anyone help please?
bc147Y

Re: Unable to print - textmaker keeps reverting to fax

Post by bc147Y »

have same problem - the print screen highlights a printer that is not the default. Change to correct printer(HP) but prints are sent to the originally shown printer (which in this case is a Dymo label printer)

Have tested other programmes such as pdf and printer works ok

Contacted Softmaker through their customer webpage support twice without response
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

I click on the down arrow and change the printer from FAX to my HP Printer, but when I click on OK, it just reverts to FAX.
I have had this too since the 1044 update. Sometimes it will allow me to select a printer but 9 times out of 10 the fax issue occurs. Hopefully it is something which can be fixed in a future update.
DE685394

Post by DE685394 »

My computer has now decided to send my text to fax rather than the printer, I have tried printing from other programs and there is no problem, does any one have a solution?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please check your private messages inbox on forum.
LorenClayton

Post by LorenClayton »

Thank you but this didn't work. My Softmaker free office 2021 is 32 bit. When I downloaded and ran the 32 bit hotfix, this seemed to install OK but then this message came up: "Cannot find a relevant product! Set up will close."

My Softmaker free installation files are in the default C/Program files (x86) folder. It appears the hotfix can't find the installation files.

Can you help please?
LorenClayton

Post by LorenClayton »

Just advising this issue resolved itself the following day, thank you. All is working well now. For anyone else with this problem, post here & they'll send out a hotfix, if it's not already updated.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”