spell-checker does not work

lukand

spell-checker does not work

Post by lukand »

I have just installed the software set. It turned out that regardless the selected language, the spelling correction tool does not work. Is it possible to solve it somehow?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: spell-checker does not work

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please let us know for which language it's not working for you and please share a screenshot of the problem for a better understanding.
lukand

Post by lukand »

I tried to do it in Polish and British English, but in vain. There are no red underline below any word regardless if it is typed correctly or not. It looks that it does not work for any other language as well. I don't know how to add any graphic file.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Please check with Format > Character the language of your text. If it is "No language", spell checking will not work.
lukand

Post by lukand »

Thank you! It seems that it does work now.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

I have mine set for U.S. English. When I am at the middle of a document and I activate spell check, when I tell it to check the entire document it doesn't find any errors. If I place the cursor at the beginning of the document and check from the current position, it then finds the errors.

But when just keying in the text, typos and spelling errors are not highlighted or underlined or auto-corrected. Shouldn't they be at least underlined, as they are in Word?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please click on ribbon command File | Options | Language | Check option "check spelling as you type" and then select red color if not already selected. > Press OK to implement this setting.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

SuperTech wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 am Please click on ribbon command File | Options | Language | Check option "check spelling as you type" and then select red color if not already selected. > Press OK to implement this setting.
I don't understand "ribbon command." The reason I bought SoftMaker Office is the availability of the classic menus.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please click on menu command Tools > Options > Language > Check option "check spelling as you type" and then select red color if not already selected. > Press OK to implement this setting.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thank you.
smarty3010

Post by smarty3010 »

I can enable spell-checker in TextMaker and Presentations through:-
SuperTech wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 am Please click on ribbon command File | Options | Language | Check option "check spelling as you type" and then select red color if not already selected. > Press OK to implement this setting.
But there is no option in PlanMaker of choosing a color or any other setting after the above route:-
File | Options | Language | Check option "check spelling as you type"
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

PlanMaker has a spell checker but it doesn't work "on the fly".

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”