User Manual problem

Woody44

User Manual problem

Post by Woody44 »

It appears that the instructions on how to accomplish tasks in TextMaker are written only to explain how to do the task using the ribbon menu. A major attraction of SoftMaker office is the fact that it offers the option of a Classic menu. The value of that option is significantly diminished when the user manual ignores the existence of the classic menu.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: User Manual problem

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this. I have forwarded this request to our product management...
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thank you.
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

Dear woody44,
I regret that it is not feasible to write a manual for both the ribbon and the classic menu. That would end up in a big mess.
However, in the appendix of each manual there is a table that helps you to find the classic menu command of the respective ribbon command.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

:o :( [-X
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

I too have no love whatever for Microsoft's ribbon interface (or anything else of theirs), and I too have no desire to see the ribbon concept spread. Still:
a. It is my impression, which I'm not in any way capable of supporting, that SoftMaker's ribbon implementation is not bad.
b. You may wish to consider obtaining the 2018 version of SMO's manuals. I believe that they are more classic friendly. If I'm wrong there are always the still older versions of the manuals. Yes, it wouldn't be as satisfying as having a classic-menu-friendly new manual, but you wouldn't be missing that much. I think.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

P.S. I didn't notice the older manuals as being available from SoftMaker's web site (any longer?), but this is hardly an insurmountable problem. And, of course, welcome to team SMO User! ;-)

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”