Objects Don’t Paginate Properly

RKanarek

Objects Don’t Paginate Properly

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

One of the obstacles to using TM 2021 for both word processing and DTP is TM’s handling of objects: as you can observe from the attached screen capture, they don’t paginate properly.
Is there a solution I’m missing, or can SM’s programmers provide one?

Kind regards,
Richard Kanarek
Attachments
TM 2021 - Objects and Pagination - Rev S1034.0710,  64bit - 2021-10-01.png
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Objects Don’t Paginate Properly

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting the problem with screenshot. Please share the complete details of the problem with steps involved and associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=382&t=22164
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

I have belatedly attached to this post a document that demonstrates the problem I am reporting.
In the document there is an image in a “picture frame” (object) associated with a paragraph. The picture is extending past the margins of the page. Apparently Textmaker isn’t inserting a page break and starting the paragraph on the next page because the text isn’t exceeding the margin boundaries, however I am of the opinion that it should because the image is exceeding the margin boundaries. Your thoughts?

Kind regards,
Richard Kanarek
Attachments
Objects Don’t Paginate Properly - Mk2.tmdx
(29.69 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

This is because you inserted the image as a frame object, which you can move manually.

Please right-click on the image and select "Convert to embedded object" and you will find TextMaker will make a page break.
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear SuperTech,

Thanks for the "SuperQuick" reply! ;-)

Doubtlessly your proposed course of action would work swell to resolve the effects of the problem as demonstrated, but it would not address the problem itself. Inserting an image/whatever as an object allows for fancier DTP'ish (DeskTop Publishing'ish) effects like allowing text to wrap around the object. These features are not available when the item is embedded.

Because objects raise issues when dealing with documents -- e.g., objects are omitted when a document is inserted with Edit→Document, objects never seem to be created as I'd prefer regardless of my attempts to save defaults, ... -- I think avoiding using objects is a good idea. But, if I could trust them to work properly unattended, they'd be hand(ier).

Cordially,
Richard
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, that's true, embedded objects have different features than framed objects. I have forwarded the details of the framed object problems to our developer team.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”