Opening the program

LynneMC

Re: Opening the program

Post by LynneMC »

It's not compulsory. You use the program the way you want to. It would be nice to have the option, that's all.
LynneMC

Re: Opening the program

Post by LynneMC »

I do love me a tabbed interface. I'm an author, and I like to have at least three documents open while I'm working - the synopsis, the character list and the document itself. The lack of one drove me away from Word when I realised other word processing programs had them.
Anyway, maybe the document tab should be set to open only when there are two or more documents open? Or perhaps an option in Preferences to switch it off?
Just a thought.
I have found a workaround for it while the excellent staff at Softmaker work on it. I'm on Windows, and so I can just the jump lists. You can group jump lists, so just clicking on the docs I want in the Textmaker jump list gets them all open. If you don't know about them, you can find them on the desktop, on the Taskbar. Right click on the program you want, and there's a list of items you last worked on with that program.
You can expand the jumplist functionality, which is one of the first things I do on a fresh install. Increase the number, and group items.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”