Changing database field date format

Petrarch

Changing database field date format

Post by Petrarch »

Hello,

I have a database field corresponding to a date in a PlanMaker file. When I go to print the TextMaker document, the database field in question prints in the format mm/dd/yyyy. I would like to change this date format (so that it prints "Month dd, yyyy"; e.g. June 1, 2021). Is there a way to do this?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Changing database field date format

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, you can change the date format of the cell by right-click on the cell > select option Cell... > Select Date/Time under Category > You will find 10th option under format as June 1,2021.
Petrarch

Post by Petrarch »

Thank you for the reply SuperTech. I've tried changing the date format in PlanMaker, but the database field in TextMaker still displays the date the same way (dd/mm/yyyy) when I print the document. In fact I think perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my original question: I'm actually just using the PlanMaker file as a database to produce mailing type fields in a TextMaker file. I would like the date field I've created in TextMaker via Insert/Text/Field/Database Field to display in a different format than dd/mm/yyyy. I know other date formats are available for Print date, Last modified date, and other fields... but the date I want to print is a custom date that has to be pulled from a database. (I realize I could format the date in the database as text, but I also want to be able to sort said database by date...)
Petrarch

Post by Petrarch »

I've been searching the web for a solution to my problem, and have found out that in some programs (ms word, for instance), it is possible to edit merge fields... which is essentially what I want to do here. Can anyone tell me if that is possible in TextMaker?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the further details of the problem. Currently, it's not possible to change format of the fields connected with PMDX files but if you save this database to SQLite then change of formatting in limited formats is possible.

For this problem, I have forwarded the feature request to our developers team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developers team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”