Inserted Photos Always Slightly Reduced: Why?

RKanarek

Inserted Photos Always Slightly Reduced: Why?

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

The attached screen capture shows the result of my inserting an extremely high resolution photo into TM 2021 using Object » New Picture (via the old skool menu system). Given the high resolution of the photo, one would think that it would stretch from left margin to right margin, but it doesn’t. Instead, TM has reduced the photo by a small percentage so as to maintain a consistent and seemingly arbitrary width. Why is it doing this, and how do I make it stop?

Note that this question is not strictly academic. As an anal retentive who often use TM for note taking, I must have manually resized hundreds, if not thousands, of images so that they stretch neatly from left to right. Even I could find a better use for my time. ;-)

I don’t know if it is important, but the horizontal ruler display changed in a suggestive way when I selected the image, though I’m not sure what it was suggesting. ;-) Yes, one would expect that the horizontal ruler display would change to represent the width of the photo, but did it?

Kind regards,
Richard Kanarek

“Attempting to make SMO perfect because I’ve tried the alternative!”

P.S. Regarding the photo:
a. Yes, Allie (the big white dog) was even more adorable in person than in the photo, but not so much after she was cremated.
b. If you like reading about dead adorable dogs ‒ or supporting pet rescues that take care of them while they’re alive ‒ feel free to visit http://tinyurl.com/MyLoveAllie and www.igpr.org.
Attachments
Inserted Photos Always Slightly Reduced.png
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Inserted Photos Always Slightly Reduced: Why?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the details, but I am unable to reproduce this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=382&t=21125

As I can see with your other posts also that you are getting many of such problems, I recommend you to update your SoftMaker Office 2021 to the latest, rename your SoftMaker folder which is in Document and then try again.

Please check this below screen recording for your reference.
Animation.gif
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear SuperTech,

Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn’t say that I’ve been getting “…many … such problems…,” but that I’ve been getting a small number of dissimilar problems, some consistently for years. My sudden burst of posts is a result of finally deciding to report the issues I found and improve TM.

While following your directions that I should supply screen captures, etc. to demonstrate the problem I reported ‒ say what you will about me as a customer, but you can’t say I’m not obedient or loyal! ‒ I think I made an important discovery.

If I, like you, insert a photo with TM set to
View » Fit margins to window
when I insert a high-resolution photo that should stretch across the document, it does ‒ just like in your beautifully animated screen capture.

If, on the other hand, I insert a photo with TM set to
View » Zoom level… » Fit text to window (my preference)
or
View » Zoom level… » 200% (just for a test)
when I insert a high-resolution photo that should stretch across the document, it doesn’t ‒ just like in my screen capture of beauty.

Just as a test, I tried to try the same experiment with TM 2010 and TM 2016. I was unable to do so, as neither support “Fit text to window.”

IMHO, “Fit text to window” is a wonderful improvement, albeit one that could use improving. (Another improvement would be to make it readily accessible from the “View” main menu.)

I hate the idea of wasting SM’s money by wasting its bandwidth, so I didn’t upload a test document. Do let me know if I should.

Thanks for the continuing assistance.

Kind regards,
Richard Kanarek
Attachments
TM 2021, Ver 1032 - New Photo into Fit Text to Window.gif
TM 2021, Ver 1032 - New Photo into Fit Margin to Window.gif
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for this important discovery and for sharing these beautiful screen recordings. :thumbsup:

With Zoom level "Fit text to window" and 200%, I am able to reproduce this problem and forwarded the details to our developers team for further investigation. Please keep reporting the problems you discover for improvements in SoftMaker Office.
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear Super,

Thanks for verifying my "discovery" and passing it along to the developers.

Thanks also for inviting me to continue reporting any issues I discover -- I don't ever recall anyone at Microsoft making the same invitation. Of course, with SoftMaker being the high quality office suite provider (not a, the), I'm sure I won't be able to find many more minor problems with its wonderful product. :)

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”