Table of Contents = can't jump to proper Heading 1, 2 or 3

julianding

Table of Contents = can't jump to proper Heading 1, 2 or 3

Post by julianding »

I have been working on an agreement, and it has clause numbers and titles which I identify as Heading 1, 2 or 3. This allows the table of contents to be generated. When I did this the first time, going to the ToC and using "shift + cursor point" at the clause I want to go to, would let me jump to the right clause.
All happy.

Then the problem started. I made changes, and moved clauses around, introduce new clauses and so new Headings 1, 2 and 3.
Then I updated the TOC and the update shows the new clauses - all good.
However when I try to jump from the TOC to the correct part in the document I get taken to another clause (or Heading 1, 2 or 3). I even deleted the entire TOC and redid it again, but same problem persist.

How come this is happening?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Table of Contents = can't jump to proper Heading 1, 2 or 3

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=382&t=21077
julianding

Post by julianding »

I have sanitised the document to remove confidential information. Am enclosing the document for your further investigation. Thanks.
There is a little function when it comes to changing the header and footer, to amend the header when Chapter breaks are used, you use the "Next Header or Footer" function, but it means you navigate from header to footer then to next header and next footer and so on. Instead can we have a next header function separate from next footer function so it is easier and faster to change headers or footers separately. (You can try this out using the same document enclosed to see what I mean).
Attachments
TOC Problems_6May2021.docx
(36.68 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the sample file. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our developers team.
julianding

Post by julianding »

Dear Super Tech
I read yr reply that you have forwarded the problem to the tech team in May 2021, and what is the solution to that problem? Can you let me know.
Thanks
Julian
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please update your TOC and check again.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”