Problem with Mailings when using Excel xlsx data format

RogerV

Problem with Mailings when using Excel xlsx data format

Post by RogerV »

Hi, :D
I'm writing this in an effort to save somebody else from tearing their hair out as I have been this morning. :roll:
If you're trying to make a sheet of labels (assuming you're using the ribbon interface, go to Mailings tab, List/Label) and you wish to use an Excel spreadsheet saved in the modern format xlsx as your address data source (TextMaker doesn't seem to support xls anyway...) then make sure the spreadsheet is formatted as text.
Otherwise, when you select Database, then File, then Datasheet and click OK, Textmaker may stop responding. I'm not sure what data formats cause this behaviour (ie: Textmaker not respoiding), but formatting the cells as text seems to work ok.
Kind regards,
Roger V. :)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem with Mailings when using Excel xlsx data format

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please share the associated file of TextMaker 2021 and PlanMaker in which you are getting this problem so that we can do further investigation for resolution.

If you want to send it to us privately, please e-mail us at the forum[at]softmaker.de

Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
viewtopic.php?f=382&t=20697

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”