Row Numbering & Para Spacing formating in Tables

julianding

Row Numbering & Para Spacing formating in Tables

Post by julianding »

2 issues here.
1. Method to insert sequential numbering in a column in a table is very cumbersome. Could be made simpler. (See enclosed file for situation description in detail).
2. Inserting new rows after setting the new para spacing format causes some cells to revert to original format whilst others follow the new format. Details in enclosed file.

I hope you can help.

Thanks
Julian
Attachments
Trying to work with tables_issues_15Oct2020.docx
(586.6 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Row Numbering & Para Spacing formating in Tables

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the details. Here are the points mentioned in the attachment:

1. Current method is simple because to insert numbering we have to select the format of numbering also which is the only one click extra.

2. Please let us know how you set this paragraph spacing so that we can help you better.
julianding

Post by julianding »

Let me demonstrate the numbering issue I have described.
(a) If you create a single row table, and then go to the numbering command "Toggle Numbering" and if you just click it, then the row will be numbered as "1", and if you add anor row, the 2nd row is also numbered "1". However if you in a row with the number 1, press enter after the number 1, then 2 appears, and if you press enter after 2, 3 appears. All these numbers are in the one row and not in separate rows.

I figured it out - you need to press "Apply Numbered List" for each row to have a sequential number.
This is different from MS Word where pressing "Toggle Numbering" would do the same as pressing "Apply Numbered List".

Thanks for reverting.
julianding

Post by julianding »

"2. Please let us know how you set this paragraph spacing so that we can help you better."

The paragraph spacing is set up as follows:
(After table is inserted)
Step 1: Press "Paragraph" and box appears
Step 2: Look for "Paragraph Spacing" and "Before" and "After"
Step 3: Change "Before" from 0 to 4 pts and "After" from 0 to 2 pts
Step 4: Click "OK"

Then when I insert the new rows sometimes it carries the paragraph spacing and sometimes it does not.
However if I highlight a cell and click on delete row, then (a) the after row either now has no numbered sequence and/or the paragraph spacing is not the same as originally set.

Its like you need to work with the table first and do all the formatting after you conclude. That process will save the para spacing.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

1. You can refer to the attached screen recording for better understanding.
Table Numbering.gif
2. This way it's the paragraph properties of that row/cell only and not entire table. Please create a new paragraph style and apply that to the entire table.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”