Textmaker Will Not Paste Some Text

CChamp

Textmaker Will Not Paste Some Text

Post by CChamp »

Hi all, I am having a slight irritation with Textmaker. Could be a bug. When I copy something from say the internet or anywhere then go to paste it into Textmaker, if I just right click on the new page to select paste. It automatically takes me to a different formatting or something at that point. I can't do anything on the page it is frozen. If I go up on the ribbon to the little "slanted arrow" and click it, everything goes back to normal. If I do this a few times, eventually I get the little drop-down menu that has "paste" in it. Pushing the "paste" button in the toolbar will paste my text just fine. This only occurs when right-clicking on the blank page. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Textmaker Will Not Paste Some Text

Post by Jossi »

If it can be fixed by clicking the "slanted arrow" icon, you got into object mode by chance. This icon toggles between edit mode and object mode. In object mode you can only handle objects (text boxes, images and so on) while text editing is blocked.
This happens probably the following way: In the context menu you open by right-clicking, the first menu item is "Object mode". If the left mouse button is touched inadvertently immediately after opening the context menu, object mode might be turned on without intent to do so.
CChamp

Post by CChamp »

Thanks, Jossi, that is exactly what is happening, it is entering Object Mode. The only thing is that when I do the right-click the menu, it does not even come up so I know that it is not possible that I am inadvertently left-clicking the Object Mode button.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Your mouse executes two clicks on a right-click instead of one. Try cleaning it or use another mouse to verify.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
CChamp

Post by CChamp »

Thanks Martin-K. Turns out my mouse is famous for sticking. I did clean and oil the switches and so far so good. Thanks to both of you for the help.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”