Search Results in Side Bar

Neno

Search Results in Side Bar

Post by Neno »

Hi, when used to work on beta version, there was a search result in the side bar, and now in pro version, when try to search for something in text, it opens the box. Is there a way to activate the side bar?
Also, I would like to suggest (I suggested that already in beta version) to allow option to click on the document while “search and replace” box is active. It's very annoying to keep closing all the time just to return to the document and edit something or to see what has changed when I need to scroll a bit.

Thank you
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Search Results in Side Bar

Post by SuperTech »

When you will use Ctrl + F first time it will open Search in the sidebar and pressing it twice will open the search dialog box.

I have already forwarded your suggestion to our developer team.

Thanks
Neno

Post by Neno »

Hi, thank you for your reply, but it keeps opening the “search and replace” box at all times. With either “ctrl+f” or the search symbol on the top. No sibe bar window. (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj224Rsr4kY6gfoC0L9 ... A?e=qsjQNp)

Neno
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Is the sidebar visible before you press Ctrl+F? Ctlr+F would even open a minimized sidebar, but not a sidebar that you have completely disabled.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Neno

Post by Neno »

Ahaaa :) OK, sidebar view was turned off. Thank you :)
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

Yes, I know I'm about 4 months late to this party, but punctuality has never been my strong suite.

My problem is the exact opposite of the OP's, which seemed to make this the logical place to describe it.

I would like the search/replace function to appear as it always has (i.e., in a box), and NOT appear in a sidebar. Unfortunately, however, if I enable sidebars, then SMO 2021 Pro, revision S1014.0529 64bit will open a search panel sidebar regardless of how I configure SMO 2021 Pro's sidebar options. If I disable it on the right, it will open on the left, and vice versa. It's like it wants to play whac-a-mole with me, which is particularly unwise considering how stressed I am and that I have a copies of WordStar and WordPro somewhere: its position is not secure. ;-)

Has this "feature" been corrected in newer service packs (of which I currently do not have access), or will it?

Thanks in advance!
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Press Ctrl+F twice.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear Mr. Kotulla,

Thanks for taking the time to reply personally. No wonder you're a beloved software developer in the same way Bill Gates isn't. ;-)

Regarding your reply:
While hitting [Ctrl]+[F] a second time does, indeed, cause the old familiar search/replace box to appear, it does this only after the search/replace sidebar panel has already leaped into view. This means that the search/replace panel will either have replaced whichever panel that was already open (which is bad because, presumably, the open panel was open for a purpose) or it will cause a new panel to open on the opposite side of the screen (which is even worse for several reasons). Based upon my extremely limited experimentation, closing the search/replace box does not get rid of the search panel. Further, even if closing the search/replace box did also close the search/replace panel (which it doesn't), having unwanted panels open and close would hardly be desirable.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the ability to control what panels are open, will open, and will not open seems like a swell addition for a future -- hopefully near future -- update (if only I could install them).
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this feature request to our development team.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You can also press Ctrl+H, then Ctrl+Tab.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”