Headings not working properly with .odt files

TonyDaly

Headings not working properly with .odt files

Post by TonyDaly »

TextMaker 2021 is excellent. Finally I have the feature that I've been waiting for - namely cross references to tables and figures. I can now move away from Word. Thank you very much.

I need to use the .odt format because it is a true open standard. However there is a problem with Headings when a document is re-opened. The three attached files show the difference. They were created in Textmaker 2021 (TextMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1016.0624) 64bit ) on a Windows 10 OS.

The same document was saved as a .tmdx, docx and a .odt file. If you open them you will see that they render differently. The hierarchy has been lost in the .odt file.

The same happens if you open the .odt file in MSWord and LOWriter, so it must happen on save.

Please could you take a look. It is a pain having to re-do the headings each time.

Textmaker 2018 has the same problem.
Attachments
test-headings.tmdx
(13.71 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
test-headings.docx
(13.22 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
test-headings.odt
(4.76 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Headings not working properly with .odt files

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Headings not working properly with .odt files

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office.

Thank you

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”