Mail Merge with .xlsx

BradB

Mail Merge with .xlsx

Post by BradB »

I think I read somewhere that support of .xlsx files for the Mail Merge function of TextMaker 2021 for Windows is new. Assuming that this is true, after hours of experimentation, it appears that record selection is not supported for .xlsx files. It always include all rows of the spreadsheet.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong (it does show read-only when selecting the spreadsheet as the database), if there is a bug in the software, or if this is how it is supposed to work and either I didn't see that in the documentation or it is not explained as such.

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Mail Merge with .xlsx

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, TextMaker 2021 supports .xlsx as the database for the Mail merge. You can select recipients which you want to display using Ribbon command Mailing | Select recipients and delete unwanted records. Deleting records from here will not delete records from the actual database.

After selecting only required recipients and set up the format, when you will click on Ribbon command Mailing | Print Merge, it will only print the selected recipient's records.

*.pmdx/*.xlsx/*.txt / *.csv as TextMaker database is read-only means you can not edit database records from TextMaker which is clearly mentioned in the manual also, please refer page no. 384 of TextMaker 2021 manual.

Thanks
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Mail Merge with .xlsx

Post by SuperTech »

Good News, we have added a new feature in this which will enable users to scroll through selected records only. This new feature is included in next service pack of SoftMaker Office 2021. :)

Thanks

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”