Hidden Characters

KenFuchs42

Hidden Characters

Post by KenFuchs42 »

For years I've used Corel WordPerfect, and one of its best features is Reveal Codes. A current online article "16 Microsoft Word Tips You Need to Learn" lists a similar feature in Word: "If you are working on a complex document with different styles, columns, and formats, editing can quickly become a tedious exercise. The best way to see what's going on with your document's formatting is to make all the invisible marks (hard returns, soft returns, tabs, spaces) visible. Press Ctrl-Shift-8 in Windows or Command-8 on a Mac." I now use TextMaker every day and would like to know if this feature to show hidden characters is available in TextMaker.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Hidden Characters

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, paragraph marks are there in TextMaker also which you can access from the Ribbon command Home | Paragraph group, on the top right.

You can also add a shortcut key for this by right click anywhere on ribbon | customize ribbon | add "paragraph marks" in Quick search > click on shortcut keys > click inside "Press any shortcut key:" > Press Ctrl + Shift +8 > click Add. After that, you will able to Show/Hide paragraph marks by pressing Ctrl + Shift +8.

Thanks
KenFuchs42

Re: Hidden Characters

Post by KenFuchs42 »

Thank you. That tool is exactly what I was looking for.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”