Unformatted Text & Others Functions

Suono & Computer

Unformatted Text & Others Functions

Post by Suono & Computer »

Hi, I'm trying the demo version of the new TextMaker 2021. I find it very nice, very neat, clean, simple and precise, just what unfortunately I don't see and can't find in LibreOffice Writer ... I apologize but not being able to allow software to payment I am forced to opt for free programs ... If I can propose or suggest a function - in TextMaker - I propose: "paste unformatted text" (function that I noticed or the L.O. Writer). This mode is fantastic, as it allows you to reset any different formatting that is acquired from other texts ... Formattings that, if they are not compatible with TextMaker, create problems. I hope this function will come in handy. I would also add more features to the right mouse button. The right mouse button is very convenient to perform operations... Even the ability to manage the single page would not be bad ... Page properties (always managed with the right mouse button... would be very useful...).Thanks.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Unformatted Text & Others Functions

Post by Jossi »

The option to paste unformatted text has been present already in TextMaker 2018, even in the free version FreeOffice. You will find it there at Edit > Paste Special... or Alt+Ctrl+V. In FreeOffice, you must select the option "Unformatted text" in the dropdown menu which opens; in the full version, you can define a toolbar/ribbon icon and/or a keyboard shortcut for direct unformatted pasting.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion. I have forwarded this request to our development team.
Suono & Computer

Thank you.
Suono & Computer

Good morning, I don't know if this function is already there too, for example with the right mouse button it would be very useful to create a function that changes the style of each page only. If I am active on a page I can right click and change the page format (or style). Here I can make all the changes I want by changing the color and shape of the single page, also change headers (or the superscript and subscript page notes) and (if desired) also the page number.

- Apply only to this page
- Apply to all pages
- Apply to previous page
- Apply to next page
- Apply to pages: e.g. 23 - 56 - 67 - 80 etc ... (here I can enter the page numbers or the pages I want to change).

This would create a system whereby each page becomes "independent" of each other ...
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

This could only work if hard page breaks were inserted between all pages. But this would contradict the basic idea of a word processor, i. e. that you can alter, insert or delete text just as you like and the layout is always adjusted accordingly, even over page borders. In a document with hard page breaks, inserting additional text would lead to a text overflow which had to be corrected manually each time.

If it is important for you to have a document with closed-up, independent pages, I recommend to make use of full-page text boxes.Then each page stands alone and a Ctrl+A affects the current page only (but if necessary you may also connect text boxes to get document sections spanning more than one page).
Suono & Computer

Thanks for the informations.
Suono & Computer

If you might be interested, I tried to draw up other proposals on this channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7jmfz ... subscriber I have activated the automatic translation with subtitles ... I hope you will find it useful .. Greetings.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Please point to videos talking about SoftMaker Office and not to your channel in general.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”