TextMaker Pro 2021 Crashes with some Pastes

RKanarek

TextMaker Pro 2021 Crashes with some Pastes

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

I went to https://www.eetimes.com/trim-the-fat-of ... 5-designs/ using Firefox on Windows 7 Pro. I left-clicked and held the mouse cursor at the start of the article's title (i.e., at the start of "Trim the fat off ..."), and dragged the cursor to the end of the article (i.e., to the end of reference #4). I then copied the highlighted text and images, and I pasted them into a blank document in TextMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1042.1212, 64bit). After this point Textmaker Pro became unresponsive ("Not Responding" as reported by Task Manager ⇒ Applications). Did I encounter a problem unique to my computer setup, or is there a problem with TM?

Addendum: I also tried the same experiment on a different computer that was also running Windows 7 Pro. When I pasted the document into TextMaker Pro 2018 (yes, 2018, not 2021 this time), it too locked-up. Word 2016 and Ability Write 10, however, seemed to have no problem with the paste.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMaker Pro 2021 Crashes with some Pastes

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I am able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office.
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear Super,

Wow, that's super! Thanks for the update! If only Bill were as attentive to his customers!

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for Windows”