A problem with creating SoftMaker documents from Explorer

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
korotych

A problem with creating SoftMaker documents from Explorer

Post by korotych »

Hi!

1. I create TextMaker document with Explorer in any folder (with right button menu) -> I get an empty file that has 0 bites ("New Document TextMaker.tmdx") -> I open it and see that it has plain text paragraph style from the beginning -> I press a "Save" button and I see the warning window -> I need to use a "Save as" button and save document as pmdx to save it styles.

2. I create PlanMaker document with Explorer in any folder (with right button menu) -> I get an empty file that has 0 bites ("New Docment PlanMaker.pmdx") -> I open it and see text import window.

3. There is no any problem with creating Presentation document with Explorer in any folder.

4. I uninstalled and installed SoftMaker Office 2021, but it didn't help to solve the problem.

I think that my TextMaker and PlanMaker documents for some reason are created as empty txt files with .tmdx/.pmdx extension.

Could you help me to fix it, please?
Attachments
textmaker warning.png
planmaker text import.png
korotych

Re: A problem with creating SoftMaker documents from Explorer

Post by korotych »

I found a reason of the problem. My system language is Ukrainian.

In Registry Editor: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tmdx\ShellNew
I changed string FileName value from
"C:\Users\korot\OneDrive\Документи\SoftMaker\TextMaker 2021 templates\\English\Normal.tmvx"
to
"C:\Users\korot\OneDrive\Документи\SoftMaker\TextMaker 2021 templates\Українська\Звичайний.tmvx".

and in Registry Editor: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pmdx\ShellNew
I changed string FileName value from
"C:\Users\korot\OneDrive\Документи\SoftMaker\PlanMaker 2021 templates\\English\Normal.tmvx"
to
"C:\Users\korot\OneDrive\Документи\SoftMaker\PlanMaker 2021 templates\Українська\Звичайний.tmvx".

I want to pay attention that:
1. There aren't folders "...\TextMaker 2021 templates\\English" and "...\PlanMaker 2021 templates\\English" anyway. But there are folders "English (US)" and "English (UK)".
2. There is an extra symbol "\" in these paths.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Please completely reinstall SoftMaker Office 2021 and then check.
korotych

Post by korotych »

Hi!

That was the first thing that I did, but reinstalling didn't help me. So only after that I went to the system registry.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

I was able to reproduce the problem and reported it to our developers' team. As soon as there will be some update about the problem solution I'll inform you. Thank you for your contribution!
korotych

Post by korotych »

Thank you too
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

The problem you reported was fixed by our developers' team and the fix will be delivered to you and all customers with the next service pack of SoftMaker Office 2021. But note! You have to reinstall SoftMaker Office using the setup file downloaded from our website:
https://www.softmaker.com/en/applications

The same information is relevant also for the SoftMaker Office NX Beta version. You have to reinstall the Beta version with the setup file when the updated version will be available.
korotych

Post by korotych »

Thank you!

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”