Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
vtpoet

Post by vtpoet »

I considered Softmaker's offer, but honestly it strikes me as a bad deal. I currently have a permanent license. Why would I want to convert that license to a subscription? That strikes me as a very bad deal. What the offer suggests is that Softmaker would like to convert *all* permanent licenses, if possible, to subscriptions, and that would be a very good deal for Softmaker. Personally, I don't care for subscription services but I would have been willing to consider it if not for losing my permanent license.

Converting my permanent license effectively locks me into a subscription service (especially if Softmaker intends to stop offering permanent licenses) for however long I want to use SO. The problem is that I don't want to have to pay rent to Softmaker (let alone any software company) for the rest of my life. If Softmaker's intention *isn't* to stop offering permanent licenses, then why convert them? Let me keep my permanent licenses and I'll consider a subscription service.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Feedback: Won't be switching to NX Universal

Post by martin-k »

We will continue to offer permanent licenses. You have a choice of subscriptions or permanent licenses.

There are some features that won't be offered in permanent licenses. These are functions that incur an ongoing cost to us, such as automatic translation. We have this feature in FlexiPDF NX Universal and we pay DeepL for their service to provide these translations. There is no economically sound way to offer such a function in a permanent version.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
error77aa

Post by error77aa »

Converting my permanent license effectively locks me into a subscription service (especially if Softmaker intends to stop offering permanent licenses) for however long I want to use SO. The problem is that I don't want to have to pay rent to Softmaker (let alone any software company) for the rest of my life. If Softmaker's intention *isn't* to stop offering permanent licenses, then why convert them? Let me keep my permanent licenses and I'll consider a subscription service.
netgear login

pikashow.ltd
Last edited by error77aa on Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

error77aa wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:17 pm Let me keep my permanent licenses and I'll consider a subscription service.
Yes, you have that option also. Instead of upgrading/ converting your permanent license, please keep it and subscribe for a new license for SoftMaker Office NX.

In this way, you will have both the licenses with you, existing permanent and subscription. But in this case you will not get the discount which you can enjoy in case of upgrading existing license to SoftMaker Office NX subscription.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”