Help needed for adding a new page

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
florinf

Help needed for adding a new page

Post by florinf »

Hello everybody,

I don't know how to add a new page to my document.
I don't find such an option in the menus, no button, no shortcut.
I just can not add a new page to my document.

I did a new document and inserted 2 text boxes like 2 columns to be able and create a column of questions and one for answers.
First page was OK but the text is longer and I can not add a new page. I don't know what to do to add it.
Is it possible? Can it be possible in the future.
Maybe for very long text will automatically create enough pages.
What about the empty pages?

Please help me solve it or understand it.

Thank you.
Florinf
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Help needed for adding a new page

Post by Jossi »

Go to end of document and invoke Insert > Break > Page break (or Cmd+Return).
Woody44

Re: Help needed for adding a new page

Post by Woody44 »

florinf wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:52 pm Hello everybody,

I don't know how to add a new page to my document.
I don't find such an option in the menus, no button, no shortcut.
I just can not add a new page to my document.

I did a new document and inserted 2 text boxes like 2 columns to be able and create a column of questions and one for answers.
First page was OK but the text is longer and I can not add a new page. I don't know what to do to add it.
Is it possible? Can it be possible in the future.
Maybe for very long text will automatically create enough pages.
What about the empty pages?
Like all word processing programs (or "apps"), TextMaker automatically creates new pages as you enter new text. You don't add new pages, you just keep typing new text and the document grows to however many pages are needed to hold that amount of text.

However, you seem to be working with text boxes, and that may be your problem. If you want to have a column for questions and a corresponding column for answers, I can't think of a worse way to do that than multiple text boxes. My first choice would be to insert a table, with two columns (or perhaps three columns, if you want to reserve a narrow column to separate the questions from the answers) and as many rows as there are questions. And you can add rows to a table if you need to add additional questions later.

The other option would be to insert a section break and then format the new section into two columns (one for questions and one for answers).

What "empty pages" are you referring to?

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”