Opening files from file manager

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
harv91

Re: Opening files from file manager

Post by harv91 »

Is there an official fix for this problem. I'm running Softmaker 2016 and there does not appear to be any update available on the Softmaker site.
Thanks for any replies
Laurence
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

SoftMaker Office 2016 is long out of maintenance. But it seems the latest Windows 11 updates by Microsoft fix the problem. If you have all the updates and it still doesn't work, reinstall SoftMaker Office 2016.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
linuxdancer

Post by linuxdancer »

I have also had this issue for a number of months. Thank you to others for also posting this issue. I copied the file to the desktop so this has nothing to do with Cloud sharing software like One Drive or Dropbox. I use Dropbox. It also does it on 2 different computers. But on one 3rd old computer I have it on does not. All computers run Windows 11. The only main difference I can see is I am using F-Secure as my Anti-Virus. I turned off all the features on the Virus program but the issue persists. I wonder if other users are using the same Anti-Virus program?

I am running the latest version of the Softmaker program
"TextMaker Professional 2021 (rev S1060.1203) 64bit ".

Also all Windows updates have been installed.

I find this very frustrating as it makes my work less efficient, at some point I will need to change programs if this is not resolved.

Thanks
Mike
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Please uninstall both SoftMaker Office and F-secure, reinstall SoftMaker Office and check if this resolve your problem.

You can also try renaming Documents/SoftMaker folder.
linuxdancer

Post by linuxdancer »

I will go through the inconvenience of doing this and give you an update. If it does not fix, then I will most likely be switching to another Office suite.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Mike
linuxdancer

Post by linuxdancer »

Status update on the Opening files from file manager issue. On the first computer with the issue I uninstalled the F-Secure 1st and that did not fix the issue. I then uninstalled Office, rebooted then reinstalled. It then worked correctly. (Yahoo!) Second computer I only uninstalled, rebooted and installed the Office. That too worked. So really the only thing I needed to do was re-install the Softmaker Office program. Not sure why the 3rd computer was never effected. I can only guess at what might have happen. Anyway thank you very much for the suggestion, I apologize if I came off a bit gruff. Sometimes these computer issues can be frustrating especially when you have a lot on your plate.

Mike
fasttrack1966

Post by fasttrack1966 »

Dear Softmaker & Forum Members,
Was there ever a solution to this one? I have the same, can no longer dbl click a file in Explorer, nothing appears on TM screen. Have to navigate to the file(s) from within TM.
fasttrack1966

Post by fasttrack1966 »

OK reading further I'll try a reinstall of TM when I get the laptop back. Do free users get the same updates as paid-for? she is a free user of 2018. Could be missing updates/patches, the prob only occurred in last 3 days, some of the other victims posting are from Oct/Nov?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, or you can download from our website: Downloads
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

They are the same, don't worry