Back to the Taskbar/File Explorer problem

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
seasidepb

Back to the Taskbar/File Explorer problem

Post by seasidepb »

I flagged this up before as an issue when planned Win11 updates became official, and now here we are. MSFT has updated Windows 11 officially to version 22621.675. Not everyone has it yet but it's being rolled out. It makes (welcome) changes to File Explorer and the Taskbar. Unfortunately these changes mean that you can no longer open the Softmaker Office apps by clicking on a document in File Explorer or the Taskbar, unless the app is already open. It's only a minor irritation, in that you can still click on the app icon to open a blank document (or worksheet or what have you) and then you can load in files as normal. But it is an irritation.
And yes in a sense it's clearly an OS issue, but among all the apps I've used it's only the Softmaker stuff that suffers from it (OpenOffice certainly doesn't, and nor do Microsoft's office apps). I have pointed it out to Microsoft, but don't expect much response from them. I do expect better from Softmaker.
adriancornea52

Re: Back to the Taskbar/File Explorer problem

Post by adriancornea52 »

I have the same problem. Can't open files from File Explorer. I'm happy that I am not alone in this.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

There is a service pack planned to be released next week that works around this bug in Windows. Stay tuned, we are working on this with high priority.
frankbuk

Post by frankbuk »

Hi. Did the service pack ever appear? We still have this problem on Windows 11.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

The planned service pack was released. If you still experience the problem with file opening from file explorer. Please try to uninstall SoftMaker Office 2021, download installation file from our website: https://www.softmaker.com/en/softmaker-office-download

Reinstall the SoftMaker Office 2021 and the problem should be fixed!

P.S. The latest revision currently is 1060.1203
frankbuk

Post by frankbuk »

Thank you. I reinstalled and it is fixed.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”