Can't choose NOT to install to Onedrive?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
dave7072

Can't choose NOT to install to Onedrive?

Post by dave7072 »

I decided not to use onedrive and so I made the necessary adjustments to the software on my Win10 Pro PC.
I have a 3 user Licence for Softmaker 2021 Office and I thought the easiest way to change 'Office' was to uninstall & reinstall, but choose not to install to onedrive. I have a 'spare' PC on my test bench that has a copy of this software on it and it is not using onedrive.

When I installed Office 2021 again onto my main PC I was not given any choice regarding onedrive and after it was installed, even though I had previously removed onedrive, onedrive was again present and 'Office' had again been installed there.

I look forward to receiving your guidance.

Best regards,
DAve
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't choose NOT to install to Onedrive?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Please let us know how the SoftMaker Office installed in your OneDrive? In which specific folder? Please share complete details with screenshots for better understanding.
dave7072

Post by dave7072 »

OK I'll upload 4 screen shots. 2 with this post and 2 following because I'm having difficulty having all 4 shots in the one post. Post 1 of 2
The user name on my spare/test PC is: dave9
The user name on my main PC is: Owner

These two show the software is installed under my profile name: dave9\Documents\Softmaker\'sub directories'
And on my main PC: Owner\Documents\Softmaker\Backup
There is only one subirectory 'Backup', that is old and from an earlier install of Softmaker. Files in there are all dated 2020.

My next post will deal with Onedrive.
Attachments
owner.documents.softmaker.jpg
dave9.documents.softmaker.directories.jpg
dave7072

Post by dave7072 »

OK I'll upload 4 screen shots. 2 with this post and 2 following because I'm having difficulty having all 4 shots in the one post. Post 2 of 2
The user name on my spare/test PC is: dave9
The user name on my main PC is: Owner

Here you can see on my main PC under my Profile name 'Owner' and Onedrive\Documents\, Softmaker has installed itself.
And on my spare PC under my Profile name 'dave9' and Onedrive\Documents there has been nothing installed.

I hope I my description is clear and understandable.
Kind regards,
DAve
Attachments
dave9.onedrive.documents.empty.jpg
owner.onedrive.docs.softmaker.directories.jpg
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing screenshots with further details. Please follow these steps on your main PC (Which has this problem):

1. Uninstall SoftMaker Office.
2. Delete/rename this SoftMaker folder. (If you don't have any important setting in SoftMaker Office, you can simply delete this folder)
3. In your file explorer, right click on Documents icon > click on Properties > Location tab > Check what location is set there, is it from C: drive or One Drive.
4. If it's from OneDrive, as you want C: drive location, please correct it and Apply.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Download and install SoftMaker Office again and then check.

Please share the results.
dave7072

Post by dave7072 »

Thank you very much.
I did what you described and instead of navigating/browsing to the correct subdir I hit 'Restore default' and it went back to the personal subdir under Documents, but also moved the data that was under 'Onedrive'.

I then reinstalled the 'office 2021' package and noted that it installed correctly and Onedrive now exists unused.

Outstanding assistance - thank you :)
Best regards,
DAve

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”