Can't install

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
KidNero

Can't install

Post by KidNero »

Whenever I try to install it says I'm not an Administrator and stop the installation. But I'm certainly the Administrator, I have the only account and it has the rights. I wouldn't say no problem with other programs but over 95 % no problem. It seems to have with the msi, it's only program that uses that stuff (so bad) that does this. So get a real installation program :D so I can install. I have the same problem with LibreOffice and OpenOffice also. Somewhere in the installation it just stops. Funny enough I get 3 different messages but it still boils down to that msi can't seem to the understand the Administrator privilege. :)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't install

Post by SuperTech »

This is your Windows operating system related problem as you are unable to install msi files. You can try by right-click on the file and then click on run as administrator.

If that also don't work, please search for windows related troubleshooting, you can start with "Windows installer" service.
fdavies

Post by fdavies »

Whew! Can't believe it! Either I or some gremlin finally fixed a very similar install failure after 2 days of trying to solve it.

In my case, the installation stopped with two messages about Error codes 2502 and 2503. That was followed by another saying, "Your system has not been modified."

I tried following your advice to check Windows Installer troubleshooting, specifically about Errors 2502 and 2503. Several websites seemed to offer good solutions. The most frequently found methods involved taking control of either Windows\Temp or Windows\Installer folders. But try as I might, my system prevented me from making the changes.

I tried various other tools including a cleanup tool for Windows Installer. None helped. I gave up and deleted the SMO installation file.

A while later, just for one last kick at the can, I ran a registry cleaner and restarted Windows. Then I re-downloaded the installation file, and tried again. Success at last!

So what fixed it? Was it really just cleaning the registry?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Good to know that you are to resolve this operating system related problem. :thumbsup:

As I mentioned, there was some operating system level problem/ corruption, which registry cleaner fixed.

Just an advice: Please use any free/unreliable tools carefully as they can make problem worse also. Please download tools from reliable sources only.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”