Internal Conflict?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Woody44

Internal Conflict?

Post by Woody44 »

I am a registered user of SoftMaker Office 2021, before which I used FreeOffice 2018. Because I occasionally write about software and make suggestions regarding freeware and shareware programs, I would like to have access to FreeOffice 2021 for testing and review purposes. Can I install FreeOffice 2021 on the same computer where I have SoftMaker Office 2021 installed, or will that create problems?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Internal Conflict?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post and for your interest in testing FreeOffice 2021. But as these are the same version, it's not recommended to install both on the same computer. You can test SoftMaker Office 2021, which is already installed on your computer.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Yes, of course I can test SoftMaker Office 2021. But that has all the features enables. The whole point of writing about freeware compared to paid software is to be able to discuss what's NOT included in the free versions, so people can decide if the free version is adequate for their needs or if they'll have to buy the paid version to get ___ feature.

Si I guess I'll have to dust off an old computer and install FreeOffice on that. I can do that, but it would have been more convenient to be able to run the two programs in separate windows on the same computer. I didn't expect that it would be possible ... but I hoped.

Thanks.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Woody44 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:34 am I can do that, but it would have been more convenient to be able to run the two programs in separate windows on the same computer.
Yes, you can do this without any problem as you want to use separate windows. :thumbsup:
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thank you.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”