Controlled Folder access in windows 7

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
foggy

Controlled Folder access in windows 7

Post by foggy »

I have been running Softmaker FreeOffice 2018 on my windows 7 PC, which I recently replaced with FreeOffice 2021.
With the updated software, an annoying problem has arisen. Every time I open a Softmaker file I get the message:
It seems you have activated the windows Feature “Controlled Folder Access” Do you want to whitelist Textmaker for Controlled Folder Access? I agree and click YES.
Following this my browser is automatically opens containing information on how to address the problem. The procedure described only relates to Windows 10 not windows 7, which leaves me unable to resolve this problem. I understand that Folder access is controlled to prevent spyware from accessing the folder system. I only run Avast free antivirus software, which doesn’t have a whitelist.
How can I correct this problem apart from reverting back to FreeOffice 2018?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Controlled Folder access in windows 7

Post by SuperTech »

It means FreeOffice 2021 is trying to write the settings in Documents/SoftMaker folder but your security software (e.g. Avast free antivirus) blocking it. Please check and configure your security software in such a way that it will not block FreeOffice 2021.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”