special insertion

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
gabor szots

special insertion

Post by gabor szots »

I can't type the '@' character because instead of inserting that character a window pops up saying 'special insertion' (or something like that, I use it in Hungarian so I don't know how the term is in English). That is, the behaviour is the same as with the ctrl-alt-v combination.
How do I fix this unpleasant phenomenon?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: special insertion

Post by Jossi »

Please go to Tools > Customize (Eszkösök > Testreszabás), choose Category "Edit" (Szerkesztés) and Command "Paste special" (Speciális beillesztés), then click "Shortcut keys" (Gyorsbillentyűk) and check if a wrong shortcut is attached to this command.
gabor szots

Post by gabor szots »

Thanks for the hint. I did as suggested and saw only one assigned shortcut key, it was ALT-CTRL-V.
Then I tried to create a new shortcut via pressing ALTGr-V and the shortcut which appeared in the new shortcut box was again ALT-CTRL-V.
Then I deleted the existing shortcut and created a new one pressing ALT-CTRL-V but after that the ALTGr-V combination again made that window pop up.
So it looks like I can't separate thos two combinations.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Sorry, this was a shot in the dark and not really helpful.

I am not sure if a Hungarian keyboard layout makes any difference, but with my keyboard the @ sign in TextMaker is not AltGr+V, but AltGr+L. Same in MS Word and Windows Editor. AltGr+V gives the root sign √ in Word and Editor. In TextMaker, it triggers the "Paste special" command, but if you remove the keyboard shortcut for "Paste special" completely, it's also the root sign. So, Windows standard seems to be AltGr+L = @, AltGr+V = √.
gabor szots

Post by gabor szots »

I appreciate any help.

And in fact you did help. Deleting the shortcut for Paste Special altogether, the AltGr-V combination now inserts the @ sign as intended. And I can still use Paste Special via the menu, with which I can live.

EDIT: I assigned the Ctrl-Alt-Ins key combination to Paste special so now I can use it without the menu.

PS. I forgot to say that it is definitely SoftMaker Office related, all the other softwares I use insert @ when AltGr-V is pressed.
Volker Neurath

Post by Volker Neurath »

gabor szots wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:42 pm Thanks for the hint. I did as suggested and saw only one assigned shortcut key, it was ALT-CTRL-V.
Then I tried to create a new shortcut via pressing ALTGr-V and the shortcut which appeared in the new shortcut box was again ALT-CTRL-V.
Then I deleted the existing shortcut and created a new one pressing ALT-CTRL-V but after that the ALTGr-V combination again made that window pop up.
So it looks like I can't separate thos two combinations.
Your tries couldn't work, because "ALT GR" is in most cases a shortcut for "ALT + CTRL".
But what I do not understand is: why don't you use "ALT GR + Q" to insert the @?
gabor szots

Post by gabor szots »

Volker Neurath wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:59 pm Your tries couldn't work, because "ALT GR" is in most cases a shortcut for "ALT + CTRL".
But what I do not understand is: why don't you use "ALT GR + Q" to insert the @?
Because when I press AltGr+Q, the result is a "\" (backslash). I have a Hungarian keyboard.
Volker Neurath

Post by Volker Neurath »

gabor szots wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:31 am Because when I press AltGr+Q, the result is a "\" (backslash). I have a Hungarian keyboard.
OK - I did not know that on an Hungarian keyboard AltGr+Q is NOT the @.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”