eMail and contacts

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Freddie

eMail and contacts

Post by Freddie »

Previously, SoftMaker have tried both eMClient and Thunderbird as add on personal information managers, with mixed success. eMClient mangles dates on imports and causes duplicates and Thunderbird is poor at importing anything. Furthermore, they are both bloated and unresponsive. Nevertheless, it would be nice to recreate this functionality. May I suggest that SoftMaker look at EssentialPIM with a view to integrating into the next release of SoftMaker, or at least offering it as an option. I have used it on and off for years and it is now excellent at importing and exporting data, it has an integral password manager and is also light and fast. It also has an encrypted database and archiving facilities. As they offer a free version, I am sure that they would be keen on some sort of integration with SoftMaker.
You really need this functionality to be competitive. Frankly, for many, including myself, there has been no compelling reason to upgrade from SO 2018, but the integration of a good, light PIM might swing it. Either that, or write something yourselves, it really is not that difficult.
What do others think? I would be happy to help define the level of functionality and be a beta tester for this.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: eMail and contacts

Post by miguel-c »

Thank you for your suggestion. I forwarded it to the Product Management...

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”