SUPPORT FOR INDIAN REGIONAL LANGUAGES

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
VISPOR50

SUPPORT FOR INDIAN REGIONAL LANGUAGES

Post by VISPOR50 »

I WAS VERY COMFORTABLY USING MY OFFICE 365 FOR MY WORK IN GUJARATI, HINDI, MARATHI WHICH ARE INDIAN REGIONAL LANGUAGES.
AFTER I DISCONTINUED MY SUBSCRIPTION FOR OFFICE 365 AND PURCHASED SOFTMAKER OFFICE 2021 I FIND THAT THOSE LANGUAGES ARE NOT SUPPORTED. IS THERE ANY WORKAROUND FOR USING THOSE LANGUAGES IN SOFTMAKER OFFICE 2021? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME.
PLEASE HELP
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: SUPPORT FOR INDIAN REGIONAL LANGUAGES

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, there is no workaround, but I have forwarded this request to our product management...
bspn

Re: SUPPORT FOR INDIAN REGIONAL LANGUAGES

Post by bspn »

I am an old customer and bought SoftMaker Office 2012 upgraded it to 2016, and tried the Indic language input, nothing happened.
Uninstalled that and installed FreeOffice 2018 followed by FreeOffice 2021, still nothing.
Luckily i had installed LibreOffice, the latest version of which supports Indic Language Input, their older versions did not.
A video of about 4:15 minutes highliting the same is at https://youtu.be/ibFZIVvE39w
So till SoftMaker does something about that we have to use the costly Microsoft Office or the free LibreOffice.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”