Stop creation of "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents\SoftMaker" Folder?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
ChalkyW64

Stop creation of "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents\SoftMaker" Folder?

Post by ChalkyW64 »

I have recently moved my "Documents" folder to a separate HD inside my PC. I did this via the "Move" button in the Windows 10 "Properties" dialog for "Documents" to ensure that everything transferred correctly. Windows duly transferred all my documents to "E:\Documents" (to which "Documents" now points) and deleted the "Documents" folder in the "Users\<myusername>" directory.

However, SoftMaker Office insists on creating a "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents\SoftMaker" folder every time it starts. Deleting this folder doesn't help as it is created again next time I run TextMaker or PlanMaker etc.

How can I stop it doing this and get it to use "E:\Documents" instead?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Stop creation of "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents\SoftMaker" Folder?

Post by SuperTech »

Please rename both the folders "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents\SoftMaker" and "E:\Documents\SoftMaker", then restart your computer, start SoftMaker Office 2021 application and check on which location it created SoftMaker folder.
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

Ok - I renamed "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents\SoftMaker" to "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents\SoftMaker_OLD" and "E:\Documents\SoftMaker", to "E:\Documents\SoftMaker_OLD", restarted my PC and started SoftMaker Office 2021. The SoftMaker folder was created in "C:\Users\<myusername>\Documents" instead of "E:\Documents".

Deleting or renaming the newly created folder(s) makes no difference as Office simply recreates them next time it is launched.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for trying the steps. Please uninstall the SoftMaker Office 2021 with rename/deletion of both the SoftMaker folders, restart the computer and then install SoftMaker Office 2021 again.
ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 »

Uninstalling and re-installing SoftMaker Office has fixed the issue - the "SoftMaker" folder is now created in "E:\Documents" automatically. Thank you for your help.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”