Automatic Update

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
keithm

Automatic Update

Post by keithm »

Hello, there are still some people (including me) who have a limited data allowance with their ISP.
Is it possible in SM 2021 Home to turn off automatic updates? I like to keep the software up to date but would prefer to have the option to do so when I can be sure sufficient data is available. This also raises the need for SM to provide an indication of the size of the coming updates.
I have set the 'check for updates' in 'options' to 'never' but I do not think this overrides the automatic update process.
Keith M
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Automatic Update

Post by SuperTech »

Please remove SoftMakerUpdater task from your windows Task Scheduler then you will not get automatic updates as you already disabled it from the software also.
keithm

Post by keithm »

Hello and thanks for the reply.
I have had Softmaker removed from Task manager for some time, the name does not appear on any of the Task Manager tabs. The last automatic update still occurred, though it was after that that I altered the 'check for updates' status to never.
Perhaps just this change will stop the auto update process, we shall see!
Regards, Keith M
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Task Scheduler, not Task Manager.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
keithm

Post by keithm »

Ah! I never heard of 'Task Scheduler' but after trawling the net I found how to disable or delete a task, and I have deleted the Softmaker Update from Task Scheduler as suggested. That should solve the matter (I hope).
Many thanks, Keith M

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”