Installer overwrote Existing Thunderbird installation

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
josephrot
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Installer overwrote Existing Thunderbird installation

Post by josephrot »

RE: SM 2018 Installer overwrote Existing Thunderbird installation

Back when we tested SM 2018, and proceeded to use it, I remember with "horror" that 2018 overwrote my existing Mozilla Thunderbird installation, even though I distinctly did NOT want SM installer selections to install or update Thunderbird at all.

That result cost me three months of meticulously fixing Thunderbird, repairing if you like, 4,000 emails, relocating all of them and re-loading if you will, all the files, folders and such back into Thunderbird.

Vital Question:

Has this Installer "operational situation" been resolved in SM 2021, so that the now existing Thunderbird installation will not be touched or harmed by the SM 2021 installer -- as I have also purchased full SM 2021 so that I can product review it for various publications and to allow SoftMaker to use our reviews and excerpts in SM marketing, sales, and other areas as they wish -- at no charge or fee.

Am genuinely happy and excited to see this new 2021 version...

Joseph Rotello
WindowGroup
Knoxville, TN
USA
Windows 7 and 10 Pro 64bit | Intel Multi Core i5 3.46gHz | 8GB DDR3 | 1GB Nvidia GTX-650SP @ 1152x864 | ASUS | SoftMaker Office 2021, 2018 and 2016 user
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installer overwrote Existing Thunderbird installation

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing your feedback about SoftMaker Office 2018 installation. In SoftMaker Office 2021, we have completely removed and delinked Thunderbird so neither installation will touch your installed Thunderbird, nor it will give you option related to it.
josephrot
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Installer overwrote Existing Thunderbird installation

Post by josephrot »

Ahh, excellent. No other operational problems were seen between Thunderbird and SM 2018, but disassociation with Thunderbird likely has more positives than negatives.

Thank you for the quick answer and information.

Joe
Windows 7 and 10 Pro 64bit | Intel Multi Core i5 3.46gHz | 8GB DDR3 | 1GB Nvidia GTX-650SP @ 1152x864 | ASUS | SoftMaker Office 2021, 2018 and 2016 user

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”