Multiple users and the database module.

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
colonel_panic

Multiple users and the database module.

Post by colonel_panic »

Hello.

We have a new work PC which is running Windows 10.

We'd like to use the database module, but the PC has two users.

If we put the database in a folder which is shared by both users, can we both work on the database? Obviously, we wouldn't be logged in at the same time.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Multiple users and the database module.

Post by martin-k »

Yes, that's not a problem at all.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
josephrot
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by josephrot »

Martin...

When seeing in the Forum mention of "Users or Multiple users and the database module...." with a user mentioning "We'd like to use the database module, but the PC has two users...."

Is "database module" referring to the Mail Merge options in TextMaker 2021...

Or are we talking about a database option or module present in SM Office NX 2021, which is the version that I purchased a Key for, after downloading what I believe is the $49 per year NX version, or hope it is ?

Just curious, as have always wanted to see SoftMaker "attack" a quality database as a SM Office module for so many years.

Joseph Rotello
WindowGroup
Knoxville, TN
USA
Windows 7 and 10 Pro 64bit | Intel Multi Core i5 3.46gHz | 8GB DDR3 | 1GB Nvidia GTX-650SP @ 1152x864 | ASUS | SoftMaker Office 2021, 2018 and 2016 user
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

josephrot wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:51 pm Or are we talking about a database option or module present in SM Office NX 2021, which is the version that I purchased a Key for, after downloading what I believe is the $49 per year NX version, or hope it is ?
Can you please share the exact name of the feature which you are referring to?

We suppose colonel_panic pointing to Mail Merge options in TextMaker 2021 but only he can confirm this.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”