Updating the portable version

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Jon Polish

Updating the portable version

Post by Jon Polish »

The portable version of Office 2018 checked for new service packs, downloaded them and installed the update. Very simple and efficient. For some reason, Office 2021 build 1016 does not allow this. It alerts me to the service pack but aborts with the message, "No valid products found. Please repair the installation." 2021 is configured the same as 2018. How can I update the portable version of 2021 as I did the portable version of 2018?

Thank you.

Jon
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Updating the portable version

Post by SuperTech »

To update the portable version please update the installed version of SoftMaker Office 2021 and then run USBSTICK.EXE again to update the stick with the portable version.

Thanks
Jon Polish

Post by Jon Polish »

Thank you, but in 2018 updating could be run from the portable version. In very early versions of 2018 this did not work but it was fixed. Why can't this work in 2021?

Jon
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I have forwarded the details to our development team for further investigation.

Meanwhile, please share the screenshot of the error message which you are getting while updating the portable version.

Please let us know if you created this portable version using USBSTICK.EXE, if not please use USBSTICK.EXE. Also, check if your portable version has updater.ini file in it.
Jon Polish

Post by Jon Polish »

I already updated by downloading the latest msi and created another portable install. If this has not been fixed by the next update, I will gladly post a screenshot. But if you expect the screenshot to tell you any more that I originally said ("No valid products found. Please repair the installation."), then I do not understand

Jon
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our development team has fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack of SoftMaker Office. After updating current SoftMaker Office installation, you will have to re-create portable installation again using USBSTICK.EXE then it will work fine in future.
Jon Polish

Post by Jon Polish »

Thank you!!!!

Jon

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”