Template changes

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
zackf

Template changes

Post by zackf »

I am trying to save the fonts of form fields in a template. I do not know how to save the template except to ceat a now doc from the template, then Save As over it. But it does not keep my changes.

Is there a different way I am supposed to edit/save templayes?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Template changes

Post by Jossi »

To make font changes permanent in templates, proceed as follows:
1. Go to File > Open..., choose file type "Templates (*.tmvx, *tmv) and open the template you want to change.
2. Go to Format > Paragraph style, choose "Normal", press "Edit...", then the “Character" button and make your changes.
3. Repeat for any other styles you want to change.
4. To be on the safe side, change also the Character style "Normal" via Format > Character style (and other character styles, if needed).
5. Save the template.

To let documents based on a template "inherit" font choices from the template, the fonts must be defined in styles (character styles or paragraph styles) in the template.
zackf

Post by zackf »

But can I have different font for form feilds?

I might have found a work around, which is to create forms with tables and insert the form fields in their own cells, then change the fonts of those cells. Then lock the text in all the cells.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

I have just tested it: I open the template, set the cursor in the form field, select all with Ctrl+A, double-click a different character style in the sidebar and save the template.
When I create a new document with this template, the form field has the new font. No need for a table.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”