instructions for updating, please

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
zibetto

instructions for updating, please

Post by zibetto »

I just bought a license upgrade - having SofrMaker Office 2018 - and downloaded the SO 2021 installation file. Can I now completely uninstall 2018 and then install the new one? or does the system need to see the old one installed?
Thx.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: instructions for updating, please

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks and congratulations on your upgrade purchase. Yes, please completely uninstall SoftMaker Office 2018, restart the computer and install SoftMaker Office 2021.
MXB

Post by MXB »

I have a license for Windows and one for macOS (both in the 2018 version)

Since 2021 is cross-platform, I wanted to ask on both systems after uninstalling the 2018 version and installing the 2021 how to do for the license key

I assume being an upgrade license it works differently than the full one

When I enter that upgrade license key, am I somehow asked for a verification of my right to use the upgrade license? Or is it accepted on simple insertion?

I await clarification on this from the staff

Thank you
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your interest to upgrade your SoftMaker Office. Please purchase one upgrade license from our online shop. After that, you will receive your product key in the email. You will be able to use that product key to activate SoftMaker Office 2021 on your Windows/Linux and macOS.

You will just have to enter that product key, and it will be accepted.

Please don't share any of your personal information like email ID, phone number or product key here as it's a public platform.

Scope of license

Non-commercial use:
You and the members of your family are entitled to using one license on up to five computers at the same time, as long as these computers belong to the same household. You can choose any combination of Windows PCs, Linux PCs and Macs.

With SoftMaker Office NX, you also receive five licenses for use with Android.

Commercial use:
Each license may be installed and used on one computer (running Windows, macOS or Linux). Every user of that computer may use the software, but only 1 (one) user at any given time.
Secondary use right: The single primary user of that computer is additionally entitled to use the software on a portable computer.

With SoftMaker Office NX, you also receive one license for use with Android.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”