Very slow opening of the Softmaker Office applications on Windows 11

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
cdysthe

Very slow opening of the Softmaker Office applications on Windows 11

Post by cdysthe »

Hi,

I installed Softmaker Office 2021 on a Windows 11 laptop. It works but every time I open one of the applications I get a dark empty window for 10-15 seconds before the application appears. It happens every time I open one of the three applications. I also use Softmaker Office 2021 on Linux and have no such delay opening the applications there. This is a brand new Intel Gen 11 CPU laptop with a lot of memory, so the problem is not hardware related. I would add that this laptop has a separate Nvidia graphics card. No other applications has this problem. A screenshot here showing what it looks like for 10-15 seconds when opening the applications:
Softmaker Office 2021-10-12 110609.png
Am I missing something here or is this just a bug?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Very slow opening of the Softmaker Office applications on Windows 11

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Please run TextMaker with -debug:

TextMaker.exe -debug

This creates the file tmlog.txt in Documents\SoftMaker. Post this file here or send it to forum (at) softmaker.com so that we can troubleshoot this problem. Also, share your sminfo file, which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information.
Chap2021

Post by Chap2021 »

I am also having this problem with Windows 10. This is a recent problem, within the last few days. It is taking approximately 30 seconds for TextMaker2021 to start. I have attached my tmlog.txt file for your review.
Attachments
tmlog.txt
(34.21 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Chap2021

Re: SOLVED: Very slow opening of the Softmaker Office applications on Windows 11

Post by Chap2021 »

I should have looked through all the sections on the forum. Once I read that a faulty default printer could have been causing the issue, I checked and sure enough I found I had a faulty networked printer. I went into Windows Settings and turned off "Allow Windows to manage default printer" and set the default to Adobe PDF which is resident on my laptop. Then I restarted my laptop and all the SoftMaker apps start within 4-5 seconds.

Hope this helps.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

Thanks for the update. That's definitely something to keep in mind.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows (General)”