We are grateful that you are participating in the private beta test for the new SoftMaker Office. Here are some comments:
- A beta is software that is not yet finished and therefore contains errors. We do not accept any liability if documents are damaged or lost. If this is unacceptable to you, you should not use the beta.
- Discussion of errors, problems, wishes, etc. takes place exclusively within the forum. Please do not send us any reports by e-mail, unless we ask you to do so.
- Please write bug reports in a way that they are reproducible. Include information about your operating system and computer, understandable step-by-step descriptions, ideally example documents and screenshots.
- Make sure to post in the right beta forum. There are separate forums for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Get the beta here!
Visit this page to get your beta download and your product key:
Important new features
- One package now contains versions for Windows, Mac and Linux
- PDF/A export
- Previously, multiple versions were created when saving documents. Now SoftMaker Office creates "snapshots" every 8 minutes (user-selectable), to which you can return.
- New automatic hyphenation with improved hyphenation quality
- Linux: Access all features of your CUPS printer in the Print dialog box
- New "Research" button for access to numerous dictionaries on the Web
- New "File new" dialog box with preview function
- Convert AutoShapes to curves whose points can be edited
- Combine several AutoShapes into one
- Experimental support for SVG graphics
- New elements on the ribbon for fast changing of position and size of objects
- TextMaker's database and mail merge functions now also understand SQLite, .pmdx and .xlsx.
- Integration with Zotero
- A search sidebar
- A sidebar with thumbnails of the document pages
- There are now sidebars on the left and right, and you can decide which sidebar elements should appear where.
- Bookmarks can now be applied to entire areas (as a required step for supporting cross-references to chapter headings).
- Footnotes and endnotes can be used simultaneously in a document.
- Multi-page and multi-column footnotes
- Fold marks for letters
- Real-time word counter in the status bar
- Improved DOCX support so that Word 2019 no longer opens documents in compatibility mode
- New document templates
- Multiple online calculations can be displayed simultaneously in the status bar.
- Pivot groups
- Page break preview
- New calculation functions
- If an AutoFilter is active, the number of filtered data records is displayed in the status bar.
- Improved ODS import
- A ribbon tab for sound and video objects
- New slide transitions, now file-compatible with PowerPoint
- Create portable presentation "packages" that can be played on other computers
- New presentation templates (16:9)