Export PDF contents as TXT file

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
palew

Export PDF contents as TXT file

Post by palew » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:18 am

Hi, I have installed FLEXI PDF basic TRIAL. From information provided on your website I believe that Flexi PDF is capable of such export (as explained below). It seems that the TRIAL version is not. Is this correct?
I wish to be able to select PDF text by selecting it from the vertical columns. I do not necessarily desire to select entire pages at a time. My experience in such txt extraction has been based on ABBY file converter which was able to select and extract txt as previously explained. It is apparently no longer available.

My questions being:

1. Should the trial version of FLEXI PDF enable me to extract and export PDF data as TXT ?

2. If FLEXI PDF basic does not allow such action, will the FEXI PDF PRO have such ability ?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Palew

Woody44

Re: Export PDF contents as TXT file

Post by Woody44 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:35 am

I have FlexiPDF 2019 Pro. I just tried a sample file and I was able to export from a PDF to a .TXT file. It took me a bit of searching to figure out how to do it, because I have never done it before, but the resulting file was good.

palew

Post by palew » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:37 am

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did mention that I was evaluating the Trial Version of Flexi PDF. Are you also using the trial version? If so perhaps you could kindly provide a few steps as to how you achieved the export.

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:15 pm

I am using the paid version. Your original post asked if this capability is enabled in the paid version, so I confirmed that it is.

I have not worked with the trial version, so I can't respond to that part of your question.

The steps I used:
  • Open the document you want to convert.
  • Click "File" on the menu bar, then
  • Export
  • Page As
  • Page Range
The default is plain text. There is an option box at the lower right of the Page Range box labeled "Format." Click that to change the format and set conversion options.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”