Multiple issues (Windows)

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
Woody44

Multiple issues (Windows)

Post by Woody44 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:46 am

I'm not sure if or when a new version of FlexiPDF is due out, but here are some issues/suggestions I'd like to see addressed:

1. When creating a new bookmark, the new bookmark comes in marked as "New Bookmark." Obviously, this is not helpful so we will need to change the text. In other programs, as soon as the new bookmark appears we can simply type in the new name. In FlexiPDF 2017 and FlexiPDF 2019, that doesn't work. Before you can change the name from 'New Bookmark" to something useful, you have to first click on the box where it says "New Bookmark." Sometimes one click is enough to enter Edit mode -- other times it takes as many as three clicks to get there. Edit mode should be the default -- when the new text box first appears, we should be able to just begin typing the new name.

2. Creating nested bookmarks is very difficult. There is no option to create a "child" bookmark -- all new bookmarks are created at outline level 1. From there, it's necessary to drag them to the appropriate parent bookmark. Sometimes they come into the subordinate level in the proper position, sometimes they don't When they don't, it isn't possible to move a bookmark up or down and drop it between two existing bookmarks. It always makes itself a next-lower level bookmark under one of the bookmarks you want to to fit between.

3. Using the auto-create feature for bookmarks was not a solution to the above. In a document with a chapter heading, even though the chapter title was tagged as Heading 1 in the parent Word document, the auto-create skipped over the chapter title. When I added it manually, of course it came in at the bottom. When I tried to drag it to the top, I couldn't drop it above the first auto bookmark -- it was sucked INTO that first bookmark.

4. Deleting bookmarks is a random process. Sometimes highlighting a bookmark and clicking the icon for 'Delete" results in the bookmark going away. Other times, it seems to require prayers, incantations, sacrifices to the PDF gods, and screaming at the Moon to get an unwanted bookmark to go away.

5. I can't find any way to change the typeface, color, or attributes (bold/italics) of bookmarks. This was possible in Acrobat ten or more years ago.

6. I can't change the spelling language in Preferences from English (UK) to English (US). And the language preference for the user interface doesn't even offer me English (US).
Last edited by Woody44 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

VGER

Re: Multiple issues (Windows)

Post by VGER » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:25 am

One thing that keeps happening to me with the FlexiPDF 2019 on Windows (and freepdf) is simply not opening at all!! Do you have the same issue? I would love to test yours if this opens at all...

Woody44

Re: Multiple issues (Windows)

Post by Woody44 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:41 am

I do not have any problems with the program not opening, or failing to open a document. I am currently using FlexiPDF 2019 Pro, but I have in the past used FlexiPDF 2017 Basic, and FreePDF. No problems with any of them.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”