SOLVED: How should I resize and reposition a signature? And is a picture of a signature legal tender?

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
ecbritz

SOLVED: How should I resize and reposition a signature? And is a picture of a signature legal tender?

Post by ecbritz » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:11 am

I attach a picture illustrating how I inserted a signature and then resized and repositioned it to overlap the closing words of a letter. The closing words could also have been the date of signing a contract.

I would like to know if I followed the correct editing procedure. Or is there another way to resize and reposition a signature? Please see the attachment.

I also wonder if signing a pdf document with what amounts to a picture of a signature is valid and acceptable in legal terms.

The transparent background of a signature after it has been defined and processed by FlexiPDF makes overlapping (the signature placed on top of text) possible. I myself do not see a problem of legality. Any signature applied to any kind of contract, also when it is done with a pen on paper, can be fraudulent. If a picture -- a digital copy -- of a signature overlaps the closing words of a digital letter or contract, the integrity of the document will be trusted or questioned for reasons also applicable when a pen-on-paper document is received. So I think a picture of a signature in a digital document is perfectly acceptable. But I would appreciate your opinion.
Attachments
Edit Signature.jpg
Last edited by ecbritz on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How should I resize and reposition a signature? And is a picture of a signature legal tender?

Post by SuperTech » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Yes, you did it correctly. Pasting a signature depends on the local legislation and we can't comment on this part.

Thanks

ecbritz

Re: How should I resize and reposition a signature? And is a picture of a signature legal tender?

Post by ecbritz » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:06 pm

Thanks, I understand. Using pictures of one's signature exposes one to identity theft. On the other hand, so does signing a document with a pen and then sending this document off.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

ecbritz

Post by ecbritz » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:51 am

I'm not 100% sure whether Shift or Ctrl should be used to preserve the shape of a picture when resizing it. It seems to differ from program to program, so one should keep an eye on the shape when resizing. I THINK its Shift in the case of FlexiPDF.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

ecbritz

Post by ecbritz » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:22 am

It is definitely SHIFT, I have taken a second look. Amazingly, you can resize an old picture belonging to an old pdf you might be editing, as well. Activate the Object Tool (button with cursor picture). Click on the border of the old picture. Shift-resize by pushing or pulling the "handles". What should these four "handles" actually be called?
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: SOLVED: How should I resize and reposition a signature? And is a picture of a signature legal tender?

Post by SuperTech » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:06 pm

As you correctly mentioned these handles resize the object, these are called "resize handles".

Thanks

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”