PDF preset view

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
trmGary

PDF preset view

Post by trmGary » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:18 pm

I make short tutorials consisting of text and drawings and save them as PDF files as they are convenient to email out to our students.
Im wondering if there is a better way for the students to receive the PDF's, they have to go into the PDF viewer and make three adjustment to display the PDF to enable them to navigate through the pages.

Ideally I want the PDF's to open as a single page, zoomed to fit the PDF window with the thumbnails hidden.
Adobe Acrobat can do this but can FlexiPDF do this also?

thanks for any advice

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PDF preset view

Post by SuperTech » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:13 am

Normally, we can just open the PDF document and read it without any adjustments. Can you please share the document and details of the problem you have in reading it.

Thanks

trmGary

Post by trmGary » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:32 pm

The complains are that the first page opens as a small window, with no way to go to next or previous image (page)

used on Windows 10 with Adobe Reader and Mac using Adobe and the built in Preview application
we have tried every key on the keyboard and the prescribed keys for powerpoint:

- up and down arrow
- enter and backspace
page down and page up
enter space keys etc etc etc
clicking on the image

attached is a 5 slide test from powerpoint exported to PDF
pdf6.pdf
(319.16 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Sorry but I am unable to understand the problem. I tried this PDF file in FlexiPDF and Adobe reader also but I am able to scroll through pages easily using the mouse scroll wheel, PgUp/PgDown and Up/Down arrow keys. Please check the attached videos for your reference. Please recheck the PDF again at your end.

Thanks
PDF in FlexiPDF.gif
PDF in Adobe Reader.gif

Woody44

Post by Woody44 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:56 pm

He is asking how to set a control for the initial view. In Acrobat, for example, under document properties you can set whether the document opens with or without the bookmarks sidebar, with or without the thumbnails sidebar, and whether the default (opening) zoom level is full-page, page width, or X percent.

In FlexiPDF 2019, I think this can be handled by going to File > Preferences > Loading.

Curiously, when I open the linked PDF in FlexiPDF, it tells me the initial view is set for 'Page Only" -- but it opens with the bookmarks panel displayed. It does NOT open with the bookmarks sidebar displayed in Adobe Reader.

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks for reporting this problem. I was able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our development team.

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”