Search Engine

Questions and answers about FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows
woodworker will

Search Engine

Post by woodworker will » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:50 pm

I put this topic on the forum some time back but it is gone now, so I will re-post.

It is best to re-work a document in its original program. For instance, a document published by Serif PagePlus should be edited in Pageplus and then re-published in a PDF. Since I create most of my own PDFs this is not a problem.

However, one thing I find absolutely essential in a PDF editor is a good search engine. As a taxman I spend a lot of time in government publications where a search is much faster or effective than browsing a table of contents or an index. Like they say, "Time is money."

Cute PDF Professional has a wonderful search engine. FlexPDF only has "find and replace". I think you guys will sell a lot more copies of your program if you upgrade the search engine.

Softmaker makes wonderful products. I am addicted to Softmaker Office and it is far superior to MS Office in everything I have attempted, including creating 100 page books. But I think you were too fast out of the gate with FlexPDF. A program like Serif PagePlus 9 (abandoned unfortunately, but still for sale for $25 online) opens PDF files and allows for extensive editing before republishing as a PDF. I think you guys have a lot of work ahead of you.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Search Engine

Post by miguel-c » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi, thank you for your feedback and interest on improving our PDF editor. I'll forward your request to our product manager. :D

Return to “FlexiPDF 2019 for Windows”